Governance and Management
SEEDO is privileged for having a team of professionals, all having extensive experience of their respective backgrounds, thus it proves helpful in governing and administering the organization, by following the national and international benchmarks and that has assisted in reaching the best hallmarks.
Ever since SEEDO has started its operations, it has accomplished many milestones, and that has become possible only by pooling their sincere and concerted efforts by all our professionals, who are keenly serving on their specific mandate, and we believe that our core team of professionals would remain to accomplish many more successes, in future as well.
Our success stories
2013-16 was an amazing period for SEEDO, as our organization smartly synergized its efforts with the donors, volunteers, partners, and stakeholders, by accomplishing many achievements. The main highlights of our breakthroughs were—we received millions of donations from private sector organizations—like Gold Roof (Pvt) Ltd, many individuals, as well as massive other business leaders of GB, also played their key role, in strengthening the financial position of SEEDO.
Thus, we are trying our level best to stand with all our stakeholders and the members of civil society, to bring more and more economic transformation, in the region in the year 2020, by making concerted efforts, in the areas, we’ve made our commitment, to play our role, for the betterment of the region – GB.
Now let us summarize, some of the achievements, SEEDO has made during the period of 2013-2016, which are featured as under:
- Since the start-up of our organization in 2010, we gave legal status, to our organization, by getting it registered with the Govt. of Pakistan in 2013, through the SECP.
- Assisted around 60 students to get scholarships, are currently studying in leading colleges, of the eastern and western world,
- Assisted in completing the professional courses—like English Improvement Training Course, and got the certified certificates, by over 60 students of GB,
- Assisted in creating the job opportunities, thus over 10 employees are currently working in SEEDO, and near future, we would recruit many other talented youths and professionals, in our organization, to reduce the burden of unemployment, from the shoulders of our nation and country,
- Assisted the students, in career counseling in the schools of the Aga Khan Education Service (AKES), Public schools, and community-based schools, as well,
- Conducted coaching classes voluntarily, so that, the students could get the best scoring and marks, in their terminal and annual examinations, at Rahim Abad, Dist. Gilgit.
- Supported in improving the learning of basic reading, writing, and speaking with special focus on increasing mathematics and arithmetic knowledge among 200 students, of many community-based schools, in the Gilgit region.
- Succeeded to get the shield from the community people on our achievement of, ‘Tobacco-Smoke free GB’, as rank and file in GB hailed and said the services of SEEDO are matchless ad exemplary, in accomplishing the milestone, on this burning issue in our region – GB, thus the year – 2019 has been declared as the best year for SEEDO,
- Organized road and safety walk, to create awareness to follow the traffic rules, be careful during crossing the road, for drivers to be careful for the disables and other elderly people, during the crossing of the road,
- Organized Medical camps, at different locations that assisted to get free medication, free medicines, free lab tests, free ultrasound, and so on.
Our organization organized many events for the senior citizens, with a view, to offer them the opportunities of entertainment and amusement, so that, at their elderly age, they could live a happier and healthier life, and tried to interconnect with the children and youths, so that, the youths could capitalize from the golden experiences of the people with grey hair, as the cliché is, old age is the golden age.
Early Childhood Development (ECD)
SEEDO assisted to over 200 out-of-school children to get admission and enter into the school, by further facilitating them; through free school fee, free uniform, free textbooks, free notebooks, free bags, free stationery, and so on, for a period of 3 years, to assist them to be part of mainstream development of our society and country.
Our future plans would clearly focus on the SDGs outlined by our national policymakers, thus few of our major future plans are as under:
- Environmental conservation and address the climate change issue,
- Reforestation to resolve the issue of deforestation that proves helpful in our environmental preservation,
- Plantation on highlands and mountains to stop melting of the glacier,
- Women empowerment and gender parity,
- Enterprise development for youths to enable them to stand on their own footings,
- Industrial development, to create mass employment for the unemployed youths,
- Skills development for the youths and professionals, to equip them with modern skills,
- Take more and more steps to ensure ‘Clean and Green region – Gilgit-Baltistan’ in line with the vision of ‘Cleaner and Greener Pakistan,’ conceived by Imran Khan, the premier of Pakistan,
- Hospitality/tourism development in the region, to bring economic transformation in the region and create multiple economic opportunities, for the people of all walks of life in GB,
- Financial and legal assistance, exclusively to the widows, elderly and needy people of GB.